About Volunteer Fox Cities
Volunteer Fox Cities (formerly The Volunteer Center of East Central Wisconsin) started in 1995, working out of a one room office located at the Thompson Community Center. Since then, we’ve grown to serve hundreds of nonprofits and thousands of volunteers in Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago counties. Volunteer Fox Cities is at the forefront of addressing many community needs, such as mentoring, literacy and youth volunteerism.
Here are some other notable facts about Volunteer Fox Cities:
- We have a comprehensive online service for recruiting and managing volunteers – Get Connected. Find it at http://getconnected.volunteerfoxcities.org/.
- We were highlighted by Ms. Alma (Colin) Powell at the National Points of Light Conference on Volunteerism for its work with young people both encouraging them to volunteer and providing caring adults in their lives.
- We presented and coordinated the Human Race, a 5K run/walk where hundreds of nonprofits collectively raised more than $1,000,000 for community organizations.
- We coordinate the Youth Alliance Awards to highlight and recognize the many accomplishments made by area youth.
- We assist more than 100 area non-profit organizations by annually by promoting their volunteer needs in the Volunteer Connections book.
- We publish specific opportunities for youth, for veterans and groups.
- We coordinate the Workplace Volunteer Council (WVC). This is a local coalition of companies that either have active volunteer programs or are interested in developing them.
- We support and have supported community-wide volunteer efforts such as the Mentoring Coalition, Universal Playground Project (2005), Chain Reaction Day and Project Heat’s On. By recruiting volunteers, offering volunteer management consultation or work with the volunteers directly, Volunteer Fox Cities strives to be at the heart of all community volunteer endeavors.