Change Brings Opportunity
It’s an exciting time for the Volunteer Center of East Central Wisconsin! Please join us in welcoming Joseph Quinnell as the Interim Excutive Director. Quinnell will be working closely with our dedicated team of Volunteer Center staff, board members and community volunteers as we renew and expand our efforts to connect volunteers to community needs throughout the Fox Valley Region.
For the past two years, Quinnell has served the greater Fox Valley as a community volunteer at various non-profit organizations (including The Volunteer Center) and Outagamie County’s division of Children, Youth and Families as a foster parent, respite and emergency care provider while also earning a M.S. in Human Services Leadership.
From July 2005 to July 2014, Quinnell served as the Executive Director of The Thailand Project, Inc. or TTP.
Through founding and directing TTP, Quinnell employed his human services leadership skills to combat statelessness and human trafficking by setting ambitious goals, taking action and securing results. This philosophy allowed Quinnell to accomplish the following:
- Developed and oversaw nine innovative initiatives to achieve TTP’s mission, directly resulting in citizenship and equal rights for over 18,000 young adults in Thailand, precedent-setting court cases, life-changing experiences for over 70 service-learning study abroad students and expanded educational access for over 1,000 at-risk stateless and refugee children along the Thai/Burma border;
- Networked, built and maintained partnerships with local, state, national and international government and non-governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations, community leaders, donors, educational institutions and key stakeholders.
- Funded initiatives including raising, budgeting and distributing over $1.5 million in donations, grants and waivers;
- Directed media outreach including writing press releases and conducting interviews, resulting in over 75 local, state-wide, national and international newspaper articles, web reports, television and radio broadcasts;
- Led marketing and communication efforts by presenting over 25 state-wide lectures, including keynote addresses, built a vibrant on-line social media presence, developed an informative user-friendly website that, to date, has over 34,000 page views from 139 countries
- Chaired TTP’s Advisory Committee, built a diverse Board of Directors and also managed, trained and scheduled hours for staff, interns and over 115 volunteers.
Quinnell’s advocacy work and ground-breaking programs for at-risk children and youth have been publicly praised by former U.S. President Bill Clinton, former First Lady Laura Bush, the United Nations, Refugees International and the Soros Foundation’s Open Society. Quinnell is currently writing a book, Before I was Zero, that will be on bookshelves in two years.
To contact Joseph, call (920) 832-9360 or email email@example.com.